List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    amarok 1.4.7 - string freeze
From:       Harald Sitter <sitter.harald () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-04 12:42:17

Sent the mail with a wrong mail account, so it got stuck in the approval
system....

Amarok 1.4.7 (translation in stable)
branches/stable/l10n/de/messages/extragear-multimedia/amarok.po for example,
entered today string freeze.

Tagging is scheduled for 19 UTC on Monday.

We also tought about making the UI more consistent in matters of translation.
In fact we are considering to remove translations which are lower than
average. For 1.4.6
http://aplg.kollide.net/amarok/l10n/amarok-1.4.6.html
that would be < 77% translated. Npw, I'd like to know your opinion on this,
since it might be your work that cuts off, but we actually think it might be
worse to use a half way translated application (since it's confusing) than a
translation which is not localisized at all (one has to speak little english
in both cases), also it looks awful to have a half translated GUI.

So, what do you think about this?

Greetings
--
Harald Sitter