List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: <i>%1</i>
From:       Arnold Krille <arnold () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2007-07-28 18:00:34

Am Samstag, 28. Juli 2007 schrieb Nick Shaforostoff:
> do we need to i18n() such strings at all?
> I suggest to remove i18n calls for such strings.

No. _All_ user-visible strings are to be enclosed in i18n() calls! If you
introduce some "soft" rule with exceptions you risk error. What if some
developer not knowing enough about i18n() sees this string, changes it and
forgets to re-add the i18n()? The string would be untranslated in all
languages (except en_US:)!

So don't even think about changing the rule: All user-visible strings are to
be enclosed in i18n()-calls!

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/