List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    How to avoid elastic space in handbooks?
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2007-07-15 15:21:18

Hello,

We don't put a space between words in Japanese i.e. all words are run
together and only separated by punctuations. However, we often put a
space before and after Arabic numerals, English words etc., which I think
is easier to read and use in KDE translation.

The problem is, this space sometimes expands to the point where it looks
funny as the attachment in KDE handbooks.  Is there a way to disable
justification and use left alignment instead?

Regards,
Yukiko

["elastic_space.png" (image/png)]