List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KBabel / Kaider
From:       Spiros Georgaras <sng () hellug ! gr>
Date:       2007-06-20 18:00:37

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 Stephan Johach wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 20 Juni 2007, 17:20:49 schrieb Thomas Diehl:
> > So? (How about eg alarming every developer/developers' list who/that
> > comes into consideration if they still want their KDE4 stuff translated
> > into all those languages. -- And, no, it won't be me this time. ;-)
>
> As I am not that eloquent when writing in english I better leave the job to
> wake up the developers to other people. Perhaps we should collect some
> problems here on the list, so we do not have to beg for help for every
> single problem.  And then post an "offical translators help call" to kde
> core. :)

I second that
This is a great idea!!!

> BTW we will perhaps get more attention if we are not only 2 or 3
> translators yelling on the developer lists.
>
> At least we have the following problems:
>
> - plural tabs seem to be broken
> - catalogmanager has parsing problems with some of the po files
>
> Please add your bugs.
>
> Stephan

Another problem is translation memory search. In many occasions it will never
return/end  and kdevelop has to be killed. So what I do is:
	save my work
	perform search
	pray it won't get stuck
I suspect this happens when the search term has no match in the translation
memory; can't be sure though

--
Kind regards
Spiros