List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Semantic tags for i18n, official proposal
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2007-06-19 13:25:23

Marek Laane wrote:

> Yes, and that can be difference! Checkboxes could be autonomous, not
> depending of anything but radiobuttons are as a rule grouped together
> under some label (as in your examples below). Therefore radiobutton
> text is quite often related to the label, may even depend on it (e.g.
> proposing different ends to the beginning in the label - "When doing
> something then"->"Do this", "Do that", "Do something else", "Do
> nothing") and that may require in some languages different translation
> compared to autonomous (checkbox) text.

Right.  In Japanese, the three options in the example are translated like
@action (...を挿入) because the label is translated as "Tab key action when
nothing is selected".  I would use a different style (...を挿入する) if one of
them is an option with a checkbox, something like "Insert indent
characters if nothing is selected".

> > For example, just looking at:
> >
> >   Tab Key Mode if Nothing Selected
> >     ? Insert indent characters