List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: idea - Translation Wiki - a web interface for translation
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-11 8:41:43

ÑêÍ wrote:

> After doing some translation for some qt and KDE programs, I had the
> question whether the translation process can be made simpler so that
> an ordinary user who come up with a little piece of translation (say,
> one sentence) can easily make it available to other users. I mean, he
> doesn't have to get the po/ts files, find and translate the sentence,
> submit the change and wait for next release. Finally, I come across
> this idea of translation wiki.

This subject comes up every few months. Please check the list archives
at http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&r=1&w=2 for keywords like
"rosetta", "irma", or "kartouche" -- if you can spare several hours for
reading heated discussions, AFAIK with very little practical results
(for KDE translations at least).

Kind regards,

Thomas