List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    [RFC] adding KDE4 documentation to trunk/l10n-kde4
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2007-04-13 12:03:23

I would like to ask what you think about adding the translation templates from
trunk/KDE to trunk/l10n-kde4.

Form what I see, nothing has changed for documentation processing, so there is
not any technical difficulty. From what I see, both KDE3 and KDE4 tools could
be used to work on such a documentation.

If you find it a good idea, I would propose to start by copying
trunk/l10n/templates/docmessages to trunk/l10n/templates/docmessages
(at least what is relevant to the main KDE modules). And I will copy the
update_xml module. After that first step, translators could start to see if
translating under KDE4 works or not.

Phase two would be to extract documentation directly to trunk/l10n-kde4 (and
removing, or at least making obsolete) the main-KDE-module-documentation
hacks in trunk/l10n).

The main arguments in favour of the proposed change are:
- we cannot add the documentation processing for KDE4 at the last moment, as
there will probably still plenty stuff to do at that time.
- trunk/l10n would have lost all features concerning the main KDE modules.

I think that especially the comments (or views) of translators using currently
trunk/l10n but *not* using trunk/l10n-kde4 are needed.

Have a nice day!