List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins projects merged in svn...
From:       Gerhard Kulzer <gerhard () kulzer ! net>
Date:       2007-03-26 13:17:16

> For some reason the plugin _documentation_ in trunk was removed, without
>
> > their
> > content being merged in a single file. I suspect that they were removed
> > by mistake instead of the GUI files.
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/templates/docmessages/extragear-graphics
> >/
>
> Gerhard, you is in this room. Can you give more informations about the last
> changes in digiKam handbook ?
I'm not certain to understand all implications. But I will try to give my
I moved the digikamimageplugin docbooks into trunk doc/digikam and kept them
as separate files (sub-documents). The dokumentation is immense (digikam main
file is 300KB) and unwieldy to handle. Therefore I plan to keep a main
dokument (index.docbook) with sub-documents. This has the advantage for the
writers to have a better overview of where to go, and for the translators
it's good because the previous plugins become now sub-documents and no need
to translate anything except for real updates of content.

> You announced this change to be for 0.9.2, meaning this should be a change
>
> > in
> > STABLE, not TRUNK (which should be used for releases to 0.10 or 1.0,
> > whichever comes first).
> > Are you using the stable/trunk framework at all?
>
> trunk for changes. stable still unchanged.
stable is 0.9.1 version, and documentation is not released yet. So translators
should work on stable.

> Where are we translators
>
> > supposed to translate digiKam now, trunk or stable?
>
> trunk for next release.

trunk is a moving target, don't translate it yet. Many of the changes are
positional rearrangement (plugin integration into the main application), and
already translated strings can be recovered once we give the signal to go for
a release.

Gerhard

--
Hakuna matata