List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Thanks (was: Re: Making tarballs of playground/pim/contact* on Jan.
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-22 0:33:06

Hi,

oh dear, missed this email before and only read it now...

Am Sonntag, 21. Januar 2007 10:44, schrieb Krzysztof Lichota:
> Friedrich W. H. Kossebau napisaƂ(a):
> > I will do the tarballs on the afternoon/evening(CET) of Jan. 21, Sunday .
> > So the translations should be done until the 20, right? As a last change
> > I added a simple string to contactsapplet one hour ago, so the string
> > freeze only just started.
> >
> > Files to be translated in case are in trunk/playground/pim:
> > * all those beginning with "contact" (see parallel mail)
> > * kcmcontacts.pot
> > * desktop_playground-pim.pot
>
> I have updated Polish translation

Thanks :) And thanks to everyone else who did translations!

> and I have a few notes:
> * There is a lot of small 2,3-message .po files - it makes translating
> and managing them harder. Also some messages are duplicated. Can you do
> a few larger .po files containing this messages?

Yes, sharing of pot files by some plugins is on my todo list (and I gain, too,
by decreasing the time it takes to load all the po files from the KDE
repository, duh)

> * Templates seem not to be updated. For example "New All Contacts
> Button" does not appear in file contactsapplet.cpp:217 and it is in .pot
> file.

Oh, I indeed forgot that there have been some troubles with the update of the
templates for playground now and then. Was Scripty run manually there, or
triggered by commits?
Hm, from what I can see at
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/templates/messages/playground-pim/ the pot
files should be uptodate...

And here it may be your contactsapplet.cpp version that is not up to date?
Because in my local copy and the one in svn there is that string in that
line, if I am not too tired right now? Please cmp.
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/pim/contactsapplet/contactsapplet.cpp
Still thanks for caring so much :)

Regards
Friedrich