List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Problems with generating glossary
From:       Johannes Jowereit <jowereit () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-03 15:23:11

Am Sonntag, 31. Dezember 2006 00:22 schrieb Thomas Reitelbach:
> On Sa Dez 30 2006, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> > I am trying to generate glossary for kdebase documentation (in
> > stable branch). The document is generated, but it contains
> > garbled Polish characters, as if UTF-8 chars were not decoded.
> > Generated HTML is different than HTML for other doc pages (it
> > does not contain KDE header and logo, for example), so I suspect
> > there is some problem with .docbook ->HTML generator.
> >
> > Can someone verify this with their translation (it must contain
> > multibyte characters)? It is as simple as typing
> > "help:/khelpcenter/glossary/" in Konqueror address bar.
>
> I cannot reproduce the problem with garbled characters for the
> german language - german umlauts are displayed as expected. But the
> KDE header and logo is missing here as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

Well, I can reproduce it. On my system (SuSE 10.2, KDE 3.5.5) the
umlauts aren't displayed correctly (and the header and the logo are
missing). Also, the trademark sign (r) has some strange character
before it.

(But as i scrolled through the glossary, there was an untranslated
entry (about MIME types), so maybe it was packaged when it was not
yet ready).

Regards,
Johannes

--
Black holes are where God divided by zero -- Steven Wright