List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Creating localized menus
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2006-12-26 17:30:45

On Di Dez 26 2006, Thomas Reitelbach wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 December 2006 06:11, Subir Pradhanang wrote:
> > On 12/26/06, Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek@lichota.net> wrote:
> > > Menu entries are in desktop_*.po files and are merged into .desktop
> > > files during KDE release (currently 3.5.6 to be released in January).
> >
> > Hope our translation gets merged into the next official KDE release as
> > we already have the essentials translated :)
> >
> > > However, there was a script to do this manually floating around. I can
> > > try to find it in archives, if you like. But it is kind of hacking your
> > > installed KDE :)
> >
> > Thanks, it would be nice if you could get me the script from the
> > archives so that I could test it out locally :)
>
> The attached forwarded mail from Nicolas Goutte might be helpful for you.
> It's old (may of 2005) but still valid with regards to the key parts of
> desktop file handling.

Having a closer look at it i recognize that the information in Nicolas's mail
isn't as valid anymore as i thought.

If anyone has more current information it would be very welcome. I see that
scripts/update_translations and scripts/merge_desktop_files.sh is beeing used
for re-injecting strings into desktop files. But maybe someone has a hint how
use those scripts outside of scripty?

Cheers,
Thomas

--
There are 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.