List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Creating localized menus
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2006-12-26 9:11:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 06:11, Subir Pradhanang wrote:
> On 12/26/06, Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek@lichota.net> wrote:
> > Menu entries are in desktop_*.po files and are merged into .desktop
> > files during KDE release (currently 3.5.6 to be released in January).
>
> Hope our translation gets merged into the next official KDE release as
> we already have the essentials translated :)
>
> > However, there was a script to do this manually floating around. I can
> > try to find it in archives, if you like. But it is kind of hacking your
> > installed KDE :)
>
> Thanks, it would be nice if you could get me the script from the
> archives so that I could test it out locally :)

The attached forwarded mail from Nicolas Goutte might be helpful for you.
It's old (may of 2005) but still valid with regards to the key parts of
desktop file handling.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
There are 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.

["forwarded message" (message/rfc822)]