List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Questions regarding documentation/FAQ
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2006-12-21 8:25:09

Renato Pavicic - Translator-shop.org napisaƂ(a):
> 3. faq.po - It says: "Please report any bugs, inconsistencies, or
> omissions you find in this &FAQ; to kde-doc-english(at)kde.org."
> If this, and other translated documentation has the purpose to reach
> people that do not speak english, I think they should write to some
> local mailing list? Also, maybe a note that this is english-only list
> and that they should contact the translator as well?

Yes, they should write to your translators list. In Polish team we have
set up special alias for submitting bugs in translation.

> 4. fay.po - &underFDL; - how to trans this one?

You do not translate this. This is reference that text of common entity
from kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/$LANG/entities/underFDL.docbook
should be included. You must translate entities as soon as possible, as
they are distributed with kdelibs, not with language pack. If you hurry
up, you can get this into KDE 3.5.6. You should also put into repository
contents of branches/stable/l10n/$LANG/docs/common/ directory before
release is made, otherwise translated docs will not be included.
Look into other languages directories for examples.

> 6. as I've just started on docs, how do I convert PO them into usable
> files and how do I install them?

See: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=115443182719196&w=2

Welcome aboard documentation translators :)

	Krzysztof Lichota (Polish team coordinator)