List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: PDFs and updates on docs.kde.org
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2006-07-31 21:53:56

Philip Rodrigues napisaƂ(a):
>> Hm, I thought encoding problems have been solved many years ago.
>> Anyway, who is Phil and how can I contact him?
>
> That's me. Sorry for not getting back to you the first time. There are two
> issues with i18n/l10n and documentation in PDF: firstly, there's a little
> bit of autogenerated text (for example, "Chapter 1", etc) that needs to be
> translated, or stolen from the DocBook->HTML stylesheets.

Thanks for the answer. While we are at it: where is this text and how
can I change the translation? The Polish translation is not very accurate.

> Secondly, we need
> to check that any formatting or page layout rules for the target language
> are obeyed (and let's include in this bit that we have to check the
> handling of non-ASCII characters).

I don't understand :) I don't have much experience with these tools.
Can you just check which languages work and which don't and post the
results with some easy-to-follow steps, so we can solve these issues?

> There's a bit more information about this in the message I posted a while
> back:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=115090966330606&w=2

I have seen this thread but it got too technical with all these
db2latex, dblatex, etc.

Regards

	Krzysztof Lichota