List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Edgy and KDE [Was: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE]
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinsedevries () kde ! nl>
Date:       2006-07-29 8:08:15

Op woensdag 12 juli 2006 10:14, schreef Vedran Ljubovic:
> - make a diff to my local repository and investigate every single string to
> see what exactly was done, because there is no way to be sure that Rosetta
> translations are more complete from what I have
> - for every useful string, make a copypaste to KBabel window

Tha can be done easier in KBabel: make a 'raw' translation (tools->raw
translation)  in your own po-file, using the rosetta-file as auxillary file.
KBabel then puts the translated strings from the rosetta-file in the
untranslated (and fuzzy, if you like) spots of your own file, and mark them
as fuzzy. After that you can continue translating the file, either by
replacing/improving the strings from Rosetta or removing the fuzzy (Ctrl+U),
depending on the quality of the Rosetta translation.

You can also configure KBabel to automaticly search in the Rosetta-file, while
translating your version of the po-file. KBabel will then show the
Rosetta-translation in the lower richt corner of the application and you can
copy-paste the Rosetta translation to the msgstr if you want to use it.

Regards, Rinse