List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Correct names for keyboard layouts?
From:       Brad Hards <bradh () frogmouth ! net>
Date:       2006-07-27 6:02:59

In KDE Remote Desktop Connection (KRDC), we support a protocol called Remote
Desktop Protocol - it is used for connecting to Microsoft Windows servers. We
do this via a command line tool called rdesktop.

A key part of the KDE front end is the representation of keyboard layouts. I
have gone through the latest list of keyboard layouts and updated the strings
in KRDC (in trunk - this is only for the KDE4 port). However I'm not sure if
I have the names technically correct for each layout (e.g. is "fo" really
Faroese?), nor whether the names are structured correctly (e.g. "nl-be" might
be "Dutch Belgian", or "Belgian Dutch" - I really have no idea). I've also
tried to correct typos, but might have got it horribly wrong.

In any case, I've got the appropriate section for the .ui file below. Please
let me know if there are any errors, or better ways to express this.

Brad

	    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>Arabic (ar)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>Danish (da)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>German (de)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>Swiss German (de-ch)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>British English (en-gb)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>US English (en-us)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>Spanish (es)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>Estonian (et)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>Finnish (fi)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>Faroese (fo)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>French (fr)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>French Belgian (fr-be)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">
                            <string>French Canadian (fr-ca)</string>
                        </property>
                    </item>
                    <item>
                        <property name="text">