List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: gettext and translate-toolkit frontend
From:       Kevin Donnelly <kevin () dotmon ! com>
Date:       2006-07-27 12:52:07

On Thursday 27 July 2006 12:22, Tom Albers wrote:
> > > I still think it would be nice to be able to do a global
> > > search-and-replace on po files, along the lines of Thierry's Perl
> > > scripts.
> >
> > I also think that would be great. If there is a command line tool to do
> > that, I might try to get a GUI for it in Kommander, but if not, - it is
> > beyond my abilities to build such a tool myself ;)
>
> I used the catalogmanager for that a couple of times.... Whats wrong with
> that?

Apart from the fact that it doesn't seem to work well for me (it crashes, but
that may be because I'm not using it right - given that documentation is
rather skimpy, I'm never sure if I'm using KBabel et in the right way!), it's
a very "linear" thing whenever I have used it.  That is, you pick a string,
and it goes and searches those out.  But I don't think it works so well if
you want to do something slightly "lateral", eg find strings like another
string, or accept some strings but change others.  I'm happy to be proved
wrong, though :-)

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly