List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Re: How are conflicts between rosetta and upstream
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2006-07-25 12:22:11

Rinse de Vries wrote:

> But in general, i think kde should seriously look into this problem:
> first linspire started with duplcated translations in IRMA, and now
> Ubuntu is doing it with Rosetta. Who's next?
> If we don't look out, there will be a lot of different versions of our
> translations in te future, all inconsitent with each other, and some,
> if not most, of the time of a poor quality.

An interesting pot file has been added to playground-utils.

Name=KTU
Comment=Update translation

"Fetch translations straight from KDE"

"This file is now installed, to see it in the application you need to
restart that application."

If KUT will enable users to get the latest translation of an application
without having to wait for a next release, I suppose it would also
encourage translators who are working hard to catch up. :)

Yukiko