List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: PDFs and updates on docs.kde.org
From:       Rainer Endres <endres () physos ! org>
Date:       2006-07-24 11:39:38

Hi

On Sunday 23 July 2006 18:20, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> I have noticed PDFs with documentation appeared on
> docs.kde.org, but only for English language, for Polish they
> do not appear, although documentation is generated.

This is because the docbook2latex2pdf conversion can not handle
international characters in a nice manner IIRC. Phil can give a
better answer on this.

> I have also noticed that state of docs is out of date.
> For example in kdemultimedia package for Polish, we have
> generated docs for kscd, but it does not appear on
> docs.kde.org.

I have to look into this.

> How often is this site updated?

Once a day around 4am.

> Are there any rules which must
> be fulfilled to show the translation there?

A compilable DocBook. I have to see why the kscd one is not
generated. Which branch? stable or development?

My time was very limited over the last months, so I only checked
the logs. Seems I have to do some more error checking in the
scripts.

	Rainer