List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Edgy and KDE [Was: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE]
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2006-07-16 10:38:53

Jonathan Riddell napisaƂ(a):
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 12:38:03PM +0200, Renato Pavicic - Translator-shop.org wrote:
>> Rosetta and similar methods should provide an option to do the
>> translation only of:
>>
>> - files that are developed by the party which provides Rosetta
>
> Your resoning is valid (not wanting to allow duplicate translations)
> but one of the attractive features of Rosetta is that it offers all
> translations in one place without the translator having to work with
> many different upstream projects.  I've seen with the en-gb team how
> Rosetta attracts translators who have used free software for ages but
> never worked on it at all.

en-gb is not a real translation effort. They are only adjusting English
to British. They wouldn't be very happy if "color" could be adjusted to
"colour" and "kolor", they chose "colour" and most translators in
Rosetta would chose "kolor" (or 10 other variants they would create
on-the-fly, including copying original or providing pseudo-language
monster).

	Krzysztof Lichota