List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Edgy and KDE [Was: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE]
From:       Thomas Ohms <t.ohms () freenet ! de>
Date:       2006-07-11 22:42:16

Hi @all!

I have read all your mails and arguments and like to say the following to it:

Of course there has to be more communication and teamwork between Rosetta
users and the official translation teams. It is clear that no one is just
spending his/her free time for doing stuff that is wasted at the end.
But everyone, means Rosetta users as members of the official teams, should
keep in mind the main target of the heart of all distros - LINUX:
Free software with high quality usage possibilities.
The Language in software is one of the strongest points beside the progs
themselves. So most end-users and even company managers will make their
decisions first out of usage and liability and next out of quality standards
and language skills.
If there isn't a way to keep those high standards, we all will have lost at
the end as Linux would be going back to where it comes from.
It is only a little step from translations over to software programs, drivers
and so on.

Please guys, keep that in mind!!

Greets
Thomas

PS: Maybe someone could forward this to Rosetta users as well!?