List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Edgy and KDE [Was: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE]
From:       Jure Repinc <jlp () holodeck1 ! com>
Date:       2006-07-10 21:07:32

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 08:17:09PM +0000, Youssef Chahibi wrote:
>> On Monday 10 July 2006 19:14, IIP wrote:
>>> I am sure most translation teams
>>> would wellcome new volunteers.
>>>
>> This is indeed true, moreover easy involvement in translations results in bad
>> translations.
>
> These two e-mails seem quite contradictory to me.
>
> Jonathan

I see it this way. It is not good that a single translator on their own
can submit translations too easily without any control and revision from
long time translators and coordinators working on KDE translations.

But yes those who wish to start translation should easily find the
official team that is working on the translation for KDE. And the entry
in the menu could be the link to official translator team which would
instruct the volunteer how to do the translation with high quality and
where and how to submit it.

I think it is not good to separate the translators away from official
teams and send them to a separate site doing separate translation.

So basically the thing is the official teams need more translators but
it would not be that great to have translators that are working alone
(bypassing the official team) and the potential for bad translations is
high.

--
JLP's Blog - http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/