List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: New string needed in KMail to improve feedback when filtering
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2006-06-23 16:02:05

On Friday 23 June 2006 09:40, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Hello, when you decide to filter large amounts of messages in KMail (say,
> some 1000 messages in a folder of a mailing list), KMail currently lets
> you in an unknown state about the progress of the filter process.
> You have no chance to guess when KMail will have processed all messages.
>
> Kmail until 1.9.0 even froze on the display, but this has been fixed.
> Additionally, I would like to introduce a string in the 3.5 branch to
> show the user how many messages have been processed. So the user has a
> chance to estimate the point in time when the filtering will be finished.
>
> Output in status line:
>       "Filtering message 1200 of 3580"
> Code:
>       QString statusMsg = i18n("Filtering message %1 of %2");
>       statusMsg = statusMsg.arg( msgCount ).arg( msgCountToFilter );
>
> I want to ask the translators if it's okay to introduce this new string.
> Further improvements can be delayed to KDE 4, but IMO this change can
> help a lot of users.
>
> Best regards,
> Andreas

Even if I'm not directly in charge with the file, I can note that currently,
the italian .po file for kmail has 3 fuzzy and one untranslated message. So
go ahead, one more message won't change the situation.
Besides, there is still plenty of time until next release. The irritating
additions are those done at the last minute...

Luciano

--
Łŭčīåñø Montanaro //
              \\ //