List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Options (was: Re: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2006-06-10 7:47:39

On Saturday 03 June 2006 13:12, Javier SOLA wrote:
> Kevin Donnelly wrote:
> >On Monday 29 May 2006 12:37, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> >>Debian is currently setting this up with Pootle [1] (from the
> >>Wordforge [2] project). We've looked into this situation very
> >>carefully. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, with all
> >>the plans to integrate the Wordforge tools into the Debian
> >>infrastructure.
> >
> >This is an interesting development.  If they can get the liaison with
> > KDE-svn sorted out, then this would appear to be a large step in the
> > right direction.
>
> Hi
>
> Part of our goals in WordForge is to ensure this liaisson with KDE. We
> are already working on the generic SVN interface. We would have to look
> at things that are specific to KDE.
>

> Are KDE PO files different or more specific than standard PO files?

While KDE3 PO files are Gettext PO files from the syntax, the plurals (and
contexts) are handled as special sequences inside the msgid and msgstr.

For KDE4, using Gettext-0.1.5 PO file format is intended.  (Gettext-0.15 uis
the current development version of Gettext.) Therefore plurals will be
handled like normally for Gettext (with msgid_plural and msgstr[0] to
msgstr[9] ) and contexts will use the new msgctxt keyword.

(...)

Have a nice day!