List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [IDEA] Rosetta and KDE
From:       Adam Tulinius <adam () hackersbay ! org>
Date:       2006-05-28 10:39:26

On Sunday 28 May 2006 12:24, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> This is how I could imagine Rosetta being useful for KDE (and other
> software)
>
> - Rosetta would have a list of maintainers of files. For example it would
> know that Joe Translator maintains the chinese translation of kdelibs.
> - Rosetta would use KDE svn-repo to get its .po-files.
> - A Rosetta user wants to translate kdelibs via Rosetta. R. gives him the
> files which are not yet 100% finished. The translator translates using R.
> and when done, click on "Finished" or whatever.
> - Rosetta sends the diff (or the whole file) to Joe Translator who commits
> the file to KDE's svn (or not, if the quality is not good enough).
> - Rosetta syncs its database ever 6hours or something like that so that
> there are no clashes.
> - When Rosetta send the mail out it "locks" the file until Joe Translator
> commits or rejects. This rejection could be done by an email or by a
> backlink in the mail to Joe Translator ("click here to reject the
> translation" or something)
>
> The point of all this is that all translation is inside KDE and there is
> one guy inside KDE responsible for the quality-check. This is pretty much
> like right now: Somebody translates with KBabel and sends the maintainer
> the file. Only the maintainer can commit.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Carsten

would be cool to...

- create an interface for the maintainer where s/he could mark who is
responsible for a certian .po-file (then the lock on the files would only be
needed if a certain .po didn't have a responsible and active translator)

- add the posibility of saving the work if the translator doesn't want to
commit the changes yet.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind Regards,
- Adam Tulinius