List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE
From:       Carsten Niehaus <cniehaus () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-05-28 8:21:32

Am Sonntag 28 Mai 2006 05:58 schrieb Yukiko Bando:
> > Personally I'd encourage them to work with the KDE translation team,
> > but many people will prefer the web interface offered by Rosetta.
>
> I don't understand why people prefer the web interface as I don't like it
> myself.  Translators don't need to know _all_ about subversion.  As far as
> I know, the simple two commands "svn co" and "svn up" will do. :)

There are many reasons:

* You are new to Linux and want to help. But you have problems with the shell
* You cannot add applications to your system so you don't have svn
* You are not at home but for example in a boring lesson in you university.
You simply surf to the web-interface and translate a little
* You are in the university on one of the public PCs. There is a browser but
no KBabel+svn

Personally, I prefere KBabel as well, but I think Rosetta is a great way to
find your way to i18n. We just have to find a way to integrate it.

--
Gruß,
  Carsten Niehaus