List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2006-05-27 13:05:19

Hello,

Stephan Johach wrote:
> Am Samstag, 27. Mai 2006 13:13 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > A Dissabte 27 Maig 2006 12:26, Matthieu Robin va escriure:
> > >
> > > Are the translations done in launchpad.net commited into KDE SVN ?
> >
> > Hope not, i'd hate rosetta bypassed the real KDE l10n teams.
>
> Yes, it seems they are working silently on there own. I see someone
> worked on kdelibs and parts of koffice. :(
>
> How are the KDE teams supposed to know what changes are done in
> Rosetta? I do not want to create an account and check the ubuntu files
> for changes.
>
> What about Rosetta changes the KDE teams do not want to get in? We are
> working hard to get our translation in a consistent and high quality
> state. There's no way a web user can afford this without having to
> learn about the team processes and guidelines first. As far as I know
> none of the german ubuntu translators did contact the german KDE team
> before working on the german translations in unbuntu.
>
> How do I explain a KDE translator that his work is already done from
> someone else skipping the team processes?
>
> The only acceptable way for a team coordinator to handle this is to
> dismiss the Rosetta change. I will not dismiss the work of a team
> member even if the Rosetta change is better. Otherwise I will loose my
> hard working team very soon.
>
> Don't get me wrong, but at the moment this looks more like a parallel
> community to me.

I'm not a coordinator but have the exact same feelings.

Another thing that I'm worried about is that they seem to be working on
old files.  I didn't bother to create an account to see the contents of
their files, but the last edited date for kcmkonq (ja), for example, is
2006-04-04.  I made lots of changes to the file after that date to
correct errors, enhance readability etc.

Yukiko