List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    amaroK 1.4 release annoucement
From:       Harald Sitter <harald.sitter () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-05-08 19:36:00

As amaroK 1.4 Fast Forward will be released on Wednesday May 17, amaroK's very
own promotion team is putting all it's work force into 1.4's promotion.

Major part will be an official press release located at [1]

So why do I bug you:
We'd like to provide the annoucement in as much languages as possible,
therefore we need? Translators! ;-)

It is actually quite easy:
* create an account in the amaroK wiki [2]
* add to the annouce URL your language's code as prefix
 * for example german: langcode is "de", so the url looks like [3]
* copy the content of the announce into your language's page
* mail me the URL and the native language name so that I can add it to the
   translation list at the top
* now you can translate the annoucement
 * there is a line where it says "Kubuntu Linux, #{distro} and #{distro}"
    please leave this as it is, we don't have a complete list of distros
    providing packages at release time, I'll tell you as soon as we have it

If you need help with understanding or the wiki, don't worry asking me :-)

Not for US, DE, SV, AUS:
Since our members only come from about 4 different countries we would also be
really happy, if you could mail the annoucement to the major news sites in
your country (or at least tell us contact informations, so that we can do it)
BUT, please don't notify them as long as we don't tell to, pre-release news
suck :S

[1] http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/Annouce_1.4
[2] http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/Special:Userlogin
[3] http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/De:Annouce_1.4