List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Getting & in i18n strings
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-11 17:26:27

Besides what has been said before, even if you want to split the message as
described in previous message:

i18n("Log") + QString(" & ") + i18n("Messages")

Is very wrong. For example, in Hebrew the "and" is prefixed to the next word:

רישום *ו*הודעות.
In Arabic it's a two letter word prefixed just like in Hebrew. I think there
are some languages that the "and" is postfixed to the next word, but I am
unsure about that.

As a rule, never split messages seen on screen, this might work for you on
your language, but not on other languages.

ביום שלישי, 11 באפריל 2006, 16:41,  כתב על ידי Clytie Siddall: