List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to test localized KDE?
From:       Stephen Holt <steverwanda () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-03-31 7:42:58

--- Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:

> As Burkhard says, you need that translation to be on the
> respective .desktop/.directory (i don't rembeber exactly) file. BUT
> you don't
> have to modify the files at hand, there is a script that is run each
> night in
> the KDE server that grabs the translations from the .po files and
> puts them in the correct files.

Aha, that makes sense. However, at the moment none of my files are on
the KDE server - I'm trying to make a local version on my own machine
for testing. Is there no way to run the script on my own machine to
update the files?

Or maybe it's easy to get my files uploaded onto the KDE server itself
today so they could be automatically updated overnight? (This is not
the case with the other linux projects I'm working on - Mozilla and
OpenOffice look like taking months to get access!)

Thanks,
Steve.