List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fuzzy strings in KOffice
From:       Thierry Vignaud <tvignaud () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2006-03-30 18:58:55

Erik Kjær Pedersen <erik@binghamton.edu> writes:

> > > AFAIK, fuzzies do not disappear by themselves.
> >
> > of course they won't.
> > reverting this commit in l10n should have been done rather than
> > relying on scripty.
> > now these strings are good but fuzzy :-(
> >
> > what's worse, some of us have fixed these strings and now they're
> > fuzzied again :-( (already solved but...)
>
> It is not so bad. I have already done it and it took less than 10
> minutes, and you too have already solved it too apparently.

yes but what about the other teams ?

what's more, now rc1 has been released, and as far as i know, the
final release won't use updated translations but only those who were
released at rc1 time :-( ....

> Maybe we should decentralize the merging part of scripty, so scripty
> only produces the pot-files. Ideally there should be a script in
> l10n/scripts that the team leaders of the various langage teams
> could run.

i think that the current situation is fine.
else the odds're high some translations level up but on outdated
strings.