List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Untranslatable strings in kdelibs
From:       Clytie Siddall <clytie () riverland ! net ! au>
Date:       2006-03-21 6:59:29

Thanks for your reply, Chusslove. :)

On 20/03/2006, at 8:44 PM, Chusslove Illich wrote:

> An informative link seems to be http://www.projectpluto.com/
> calendar.htm,
> but I doubt that it is of much help for translation. I'd say you have
> three options:
>
> 1) Grab a Vietnameese who studies Persian something and ask him
> what to do.
> 2) Leave it as is.
> 3) (Though unpopular in languages with Latin alphabet) Try to guess/
> find
> out the sounding of these, and write them down phoneticaly in your
> language.

I gather the middle choice is usually a good bet in guessing answers
to multiple choice. :D

I stuck with copying the original strings. The overlap between
Vietnamese and Arabic languages/culture is vanishingly small.

Whoever develops that file, please do insert some context: some of
the abbreviations could easily be misinterpreted as English strings.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

["PGP.sig" (application/pgp-signature)]