List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: tr2i18n issue
From:       Gregory Mokhin <mokhin () bog ! msu ! ru>
Date:       2006-02-20 14:06:45

> The hacky way is to use a non-standard accelarator, e.g.: Ope&n
>
> (As for KDE4, thi is perhaps again a reason more not to have the "common
> texts" in KDE anymore.)

Are "common texts" gone already? I guess having such common texts
would be useful, surely not for short and ambiguous words, but for
very common sentences.

We had a discussion already about numerous versions of "can't open
file", "error opening file" etc. These sentences are very common and
are good candidates for inclusion into "common texts", because they
can be translated "once and forever". This list would become also a
kind of style guide for developers.

Regards,
Gregory