List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Documentation, take 2
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-12-07 23:29:19

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 20:44, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 December 2005 09:50, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Am Dienstag 06 Dezember 2005 23:45 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
(...)
> > No, that is impossible without access to the repository and sometimes
> > even with access.
> > You can't even rely on the period of time between the commit date of the
> > docbook and the POT-Creation-Date, usually files with a difference of
> > more than 8 days should be in sync, but what if the usual weekly
> > extraction from docbook to pot didn't happen or scriptys nightly runs
> > with merging from pot to po files were stopped for a few days?
> > Please tell me the revision of the docbook, where the attchached
> > (shortened to one message) docpo file is generated from?
> >
> > Without access to the repository: You can't.
> > With access: You can't be sure to find the right revision
>
> Good, I think that I understand why you would want the revision number into
> the PO file.
>
> I will look at it, even if right now I do not know how to get correctly the
> revision number.

Now I have added the code to trunk/l10n/scripts/createdoctemplates.sh, for
generating POT files from DocBook files.

Now two new properties are written for each documentation POT files:
- one having the SVN revision when the DocBook file was changed the last time
- one having the relative URL to the DocBook file

I have generated the POT files from a few core KDE modules and commited the
result.

> > In a system with a Docbook-Revision line in the Po file header this is
> > easy, just view the file.
> >
> > Burkhard Lück
>
> Have a nice day!
Have a nice day!