List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: BIDI editor KPart
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-12-01 21:01:02

On Thursday 01 December 2005 21:44, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> Nicolas Goutte wrote:
(...)

> >>The code is already available in kdevelop, which have a stable release,
> >>so may I propose:
> >>
> >>Lets move that code to kdelibs, and by this providing a decent text
> >>editor for those who do not write English.
> >
> >How much is the responsible developer willing to maintain it in kdelibs?
> > (In theory he should be the person asking for the move.)
>
> Maintain..? hmm... I was thinking about this only as a hack until kde
> 4.0.0 where Kate must have BIDI (or else I move to Mac...)

Even if it is temporary until KDE4, it could be preferable that it would be
maintained. (There are already enough badly or not maintained classes in
kdelibs.)

Also probably somebody will need to make all changes for kdelibs, especially
if the code is supposed to remain in KDevelop too.

(We have the problem with kio_svn which has kept the same names in kdesdk than
in kdevelop. This too should be avoided to be repeated.)

> Well, Roperto, you see the whole thread... what do you think? :)
>
> >(...)
> >
> >Have a nice day!
(...)