List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KGeography needs your help
From:       Kevin Donnelly <kevin () dotmon ! com>
Date:       2005-11-12 15:07:58

On Saturday 12 November 2005 13:27, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I disagree, i mean, if you are in Europe map, you don't want to get Paris
> (France) as a string, you only want Paris, imagine you where in a tellme
> the capital of and you get
> Tellme the capital of France:
> Madrid
> London
> Paris (France)
> Moscow

True, but if this is undesirable, would it not be possible to use the .kgm
identifier solely for those names that are ambiguous?  Doing away with
duplicates would probably shrink the file by 20%.  Or are the identifiers
used in the app itself, eg to select which places the maps apply to?

--

Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly

www.kyfieithu.co.uk - Meddalwedd Rhydd yn Gymraeg