List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Scripty's trunk processing (was: Re: Moving branches)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-11-08 21:18:19

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 09:41, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2005 15:58 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > I think you are. 30% are still better than 0% I guess. But I see your
> > reasoning and will do the switch with RC1, then you have some time to
> > cleanup.
>
> Hi!
>
> I found another reason why I do it now: too many ways to make it wrong
> and the pressure for RC1 is less big than for the final. So I will do the
> moving today. So don't be suprised if you can't commit your translations
> today.
>

> After today, branches/stable and trunk will be the same for a while [till
> we're done with revisiting KDE4 translation system], so you better
> concentrate on stable only :)

I am not sure if that is a good idea.

Sure we do not need to process KDE4 right now (unlike what I would have
perhaps prefered) and it can indeed be postponed until a deeper change of the
KDE4 i18n functions and Gettext runtime.

But perhaps it would be then better to disable Scripty's processing of trunk/
l10n completely in this case, to avoid to write again the same files
(.desktop, kdelibs/kde.pot) or at least to limit the processing to the still
active parts of trunk: extragear and playground (including kdereview and
kdenonbeta).

By the way: it would be perhaps better to switch the two parts of Scripty, so
that stable is processed first in the night (so that it is hit less by
commits) and trunk in the day.

> Greetings, Stephan

Have a nice day!