List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Access denied: Insufficient Karma
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-11-08 20:52:49

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 16:03, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> Dirk Mueller <mueller@kde.org> writes:
> > On Tuesday 08 November 2005 15:52, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> > > why not then just tagging SVN and let us commit upcoming translations?
> >
> > Because it needs 10-12h to verify that kde-l10n actually compiles.
>
> this is irrelevant to the point.
>
> and checking either TRUNK or KDE-3_5 tag is the same.

But Stephan needs trunk/l10n and branches/stable/l10n to be stable to
correctly make the transition. (Otherwise, he would run after a moving
target.)

> as stated earlier, if a bug is encountered, Stephan will use TRUNK-1,
> TRUNK-2, TRUNK-3 until he finds a working catalog.

I am not sure what you mean here. But if trunk/l10n is left open for commits,
then it will never be stable.

> using either TRUNK-x or KDE-3_5-x works the same (in one case he
> reverse some commits, in the later, he just move back the tag (is that
> possible for a file only with SVN?)).

SVN has no tag anymore. You can only commit on top of a branch.

> the difference is that it allow us to further work on translations
> while stephan package and test kde-3.5.

If you really need to continue working, you can copy your tranlations to
branches/work/kde4-l10n and continue working there.

(The work branch was not meant for that, but it can probably used for that
too. Of course no Scripty support there.)

Have a nice day!