List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: user.entities not used?
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-03 7:28:05

On Saturday 01 October 2005 16.12, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> Lauri Watts wrote:
> > You cannot override entities from global.entities in user.entities, only
> > the ones originally defined in user.entities.
>
> Correction ... What is originally defined in user.entities? Just tried to
> fix things using en/user.entities as template. There is &infocenter;
> defined in it, I have translation in et/user.entities (always had it),
> but it doesn't work either.

Nothing is really defined in user.entities, other than things specific to
English docs.  You don't have to keep the local language files an exact copy
of the original, in fact that would be probably a pretty bad idea.

Things in general.entities should in general, not be considered translateable
(they are application names, Trademarks etc.), things defined in
user.entities you can replace, redefine, reuse, or remove from your
translations, at your leisure.

I am working on writing some up to date instructions for the translators
handbook (no really, I am!)

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts