List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KGeography needs your help
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2005-08-11 7:23:35

Chusslove Illich wrote:
> I'd also like to note here that this idea of Krzysztof's, with attributes
> and form setters in PO files, I find more and more excellent. I was
> telling Marek about maintaining *separate file* with list of
> nominative-genitive-etc. forms, but using form setters in PO files I find
> to be both more natural, faster to write, and even possibly more efficient
> at runtime.

Thanks for compliment :)
For me such attributes approach is more natural - it resembles real
usage of language, basically creating its grammar ;)

I am only worried that it might not be expressive enough for languages I
do not know - can someone from Chinese, Japanese, Arabic (and others)
teams speak out if they think it would fit their language?

> Marek: You store to clipboard the template "|/|@${set-form genitive \"\"}",
> then upon moving to next country msgid, you just paste it and fill in the
> nominative in the front, and genitive in the ending quotes. And, eg.
> "Capital of %1 is..." becomes only "Capital of @${genitive %1} is..." Now,
> that's gotta be faster :)

I already have such fun of creating all forms of word in entities file
for documentation :)
But I think we will discuss translating docs some other time ;)

Regards

	Krzysztof Lichota (Polish team)