List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KGeography needs your help
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-03 8:56:29

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 09:44, Marek Laane wrote:
> 3) Country is Ameerika Ühendriigid (United States of America) but "flag of" is
> "Ameerika Ühendriikide lipp" (note that ending changes quite radically)

Then all we need is to generate a file with i18n("flag of United States") etc.
for gettext to run upon,
and call i18n(QCString("flag of ") + countryName.utf8()) in the code, right?

The trick is to generate a .cpp file and not compile it at all, just have it there
for the messages target. Some perl/python/whatever script could easily generate
that file, given a list of countries.

Much like kword/stylenames.cc (except that we use a context there, but for
"flag of foo" no context is needed in addition).