List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Is it possible adding extragear modules into stable?
From:       Federico Zenith <zenith () chemeng ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2005-06-14 10:02:14

Alle 10:40, marted¨¬ 14 giugno 2005, Stephan Kulow ha scritto:
> Am Dienstag 14 Juni 2005 07:53 schrieb Funda Wang:
> > I know that it is suggested that extragear modules maintainers should
> > keep trunk version somewhere
> > else. But would it be very difficult adding those modules into stable?
>
> There are some problems connected to it, but we're working on it.

I'd like to mention one issue about extragear files in stable. In our
translator group we are quite dependent on our own database to assign
responsibilities to files (who has to/can translate what). Our system is
designed such as to point even the most clueless translator to the correct
file in WebSVN, to avoid problems related to technical misunderstandings (if
we were to expect every translator to be confident with SVN, we would not
have that many).

However, until now we have been working only with branches applied to entire
packages (kdeadmin, kdeutils...), and our system has been built around that.
Following two branching subjects (main kde packages and koffice) is easy, but
following each extragear file is probably going to be error-prone.

I was therefore wondering whether you could cram in the stable branching of
extragear some sort of machine-readable way of finding out whether an
extragear file is in stable or in trunk. For instance, a simple text file
(say, "extragear-stable") to be left on the Internet, or even better in
Subversion itself, possibly maintained directly by the extragear group,
containing a simple list of which files are to be considered in stable
branch.

extragear-stable
messages/extragear-office/kile.po
docmessages/extragear-office/kile.po
messages/extragear-graphics/kst.po
(etc.)

In practice what we would need would be a simple way to find out what we have
to translate in the extragear.

Cheers,
-Federico