List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Internationalization
From:       Funda Wang <fundawang () linux ! net ! cn>
Date:       2005-05-21 19:40:18

Tom>  I'm interested in peoples
Tom> feedback on our tool and possibly how we can best keep the translations
Tom> coming smoothly.  What format would you like us to make the submissions
Tom> in, how can we best help make KDE a much better translated product?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

According to the Translator Agreement of IRMA,
1. Linspire own the translation, rather than the individuals. Thus, if
those translations be backported to KDE, Linspire will be listed on the
hall of shame. It is unfair to people who are doing actual works.
2. Translations are copyrighted work, so it cannot be merged with
existing KDE translations.

If I'm not wrong, the translators' agreement should be modified, before
Linspire backporting the IRMA translations.

Regards.