List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Kst Feature Freeze
From:       Hasso Tepper <hasso () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-13 17:03:43

Chusslove Illich wrote:
> > [: Hasso Tepper :]
> > "Left" can be translated in many ways depending on context [...]
> > I'd like to go through all these in KDE CVS [...] I would add context
> > to the most of these, I'm afraid.
>
> Also from the point of view of Serbian language, this problem is quite
> frequent. I would even say that no single-word message containing a verb
> or an attribute (or a noun that is commonly verbed/attributed) should be
> without context info, so any addition of such is welcomed. (My particular
> nemesis in this respect is "none" :)

Agreed (at least regarding "left", "right", "none"). But is it acceptable
for others? Maybe just remove these from common_texts.cpp (they will appear
in .po files then)? This would reduce the need for context info (needed
only if there are two conflicting cases in one application), but of course
it means that translator has to have running application or look at source
to know in which context particular case is.

--
Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team