List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE4
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-13 14:58:29

Am Mittwoch 13 April 2005 16:49 schrieb Thierry Vignaud:
> Hasso Tepper <hasso@kde.org> writes:
>
> > There are two major features in our enhanced version AFAIK: plural
> > and context handling. Plural handling is there in gettext, but
> > context handling isn't. Even worse, gettext documentation says that
> > if someone wants to have such feature, he has to implement it in his
> > own project ([1] 10.2.6).
>
> context handling can be done in a layer upon gettext (just droping
> every lines begining by "_: ")

This is what the code already does. But we need to change the code
from i18n("context", "string") to i18n("_: context\nstring") and I don't
really want to know how many do an error here - a bit support from a tool
would have been nice ;(

But perhaps we can change the code before we call xgettext - you know I'm
mean, but I for sure want to dump our patched version.

Greetings, Stephan