List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Dangerous examples
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2005-02-21 0:20:55

Rinse de Vries wrote:
>>Commits with changes of strings that go without approval from i18n
>>list *violate freeze policy* and should be reverted unconditionally, no?
>>
>>Maybe it sounds too strict, but otherwise it will never end...
>

> I think we need a less black&white freeze.
> For example:
>
> lets say that the freeze 2 weeks, then the first week is open for fixing
> typo's, the second week only after aprovement of the translators, and 3 days
> before total freeze, no fixing of typo's are possible.

I think that only changes for bug fixes or adding new strings is allowed.

Fixing typo in source causes fixing string only for English while it
breaks translation for all other languages.

I have already suggested some time ago that typos in English could be
fixed by providing translation for American English (en_US). They can
already be fixed for other English variants (for example en_GB).

Regards

	Krzysztof Lichota (Polish team)