List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Dangerous examples
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinsedevries () kde ! nl>
Date:       2005-02-21 0:06:19

Op zondag 20 februari 2005 23:58, schreef Gregory Mokhin:
> It is better to ask authors to learn how to run a spell checker on
> their pot-files... Fixing typos at freeze time is a sign of disrespect
> to translation teams.
Well, i don't think that the authors see the pot-files :)
dunno if it is possible to run a spell checker on the sources itself, or
perhaps a script that could run through kde-i18n/templates and post a summary
of typos to some mailinglist..

On the other hand, the strings are read by at least 10 translation teams
(considering that our top 10 on the stats page have a near 100% translated
kde 3.4), so typo's could have been seen and reported earlier..

> Commits with changes of strings that go without approval from i18n
> list *violate freeze policy* and should be reverted unconditionally, no?
>
> Maybe it sounds too strict, but otherwise it will never end...

I think we need a less black&white freeze.
For example:

lets say that the freeze 2 weeks, then the first week is open for fixing
typo's, the second week only after aprovement of the translators, and 3 days
before total freeze, no fixing of typo's are possible.

Rinse