List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Automatic spellcheck of the KDE translations?
From:       Pedro Morais <pmmm () rnl ! ist ! utl ! pt>
Date:       2005-02-16 10:27:53

Em Terça, 15 de Fevereiro de 2005 23:36, Petter Reinholdtsen escreveu:
> [Pedro Morais]
>
> > Take a look at http://gettext-lint.sf.net
> > It includes POFileSpell that does just that:
> > http://gettext-lint.sourceforge.net/POFileSpell.html
> >
> > For sample usage see http://kde-pt.homelinux.org/status-HEAD.html
> > Search for "ortografia" (spelling in pt); "resumo" means overview.
> > The HTML reports are generated by an XSLT included in gettext-lint.
>
> I was not aware of this.  I've passed your tip on to Davide Viti.
>
> Is this system in active use in the KDE translation project?  Where
> can I see the stats for the Norwegian translations?

Uhm, you can't :-(
The tools are all open source, but I think only my team (pt) is using them.

I'd be happy to generate a report for Norwegian (nn); but I've installed the
"no" aspell dict for Red Hat Linux 9 but I can't seem to make it work.

To check if aspell is working, run:
aspell --encoding=UTF-8 -l
and write some words, finish with Ctrl+D, aspell should write back the wrong
words.

Anyway, if you have a working aspell install download the gettext-lint package
and go to the directory that you want to spellcheck; run
POFileSpell $(find * -name "*.po") > report.xml
POFileSpell --overview $(find * -name "*.po") > overview.xml
After this, run, each in one line:

xsltproc -param css "'/usr/share/gettext-lint/report.css'"
/usr/share/gettext-lint/report.xsl
report.xml > report.html

xsltproc -param css "'/usr/share/gettext-lint/report.css'"
/usr/share/gettext-lint/report.xsl
 overview.xml > overview.html

Read the README included in the package and the man pages, also available on
the homepage.

Also take a look at POFileCheck, most people who tried it find it very useful;
it detects stuff like missing ":" in translations.

	Morais