List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: installing kde-i18n-xx in suse: what are the pecularities?
From:       heiko.evermann () gmx ! de
Date:       2005-01-19 22:43:54

Hi Donatas,
> My friend was using a procedure like this and it did not work out: he
> can see Lithuanian in the Kcontrol but after he chooses Lithuanian,
> nothing happens:
>
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3/
> make
> su -c ´make install¡
The basic idea is right. There are two possible problems
1) the path is not right. You used /usr for debian. The right path depends on
the distro. Assuming that the translations are installed within the normal
KDE file tree, I would suggest to use "which konqueror" to find out, where
the konqueror executable resides. That should also point to the right
configure prefix. In my case I get
> /opt/kde3.3-head/bin/konqueror
and so I would have to use /opt/kde3.3-head as prefix. The translations can
then be found in
ls /opt/kde3.3-head/share/locale/nds/LC_MESSAGES/   where nds is one of the
languages. You should have lt for Lithuanian. You should see a tree of
installed translations in ls /opt/kde3.3-head/share/locale/ (please adapt to
your path...)

2) if your path is right, but the files are missing, I could imagine that
there are build errors. Have a closer look at the output of make and write
again.

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann
KDE Low Saxon translation team