Hi Donatas, > My friend was using a procedure like this and it did not work out: he > can see Lithuanian in the Kcontrol but after he chooses Lithuanian, > nothing happens: > > make -f Makefile.cvs > ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3/ > make > su -c ´make install¡ The basic idea is right. There are two possible problems 1) the path is not right. You used /usr for debian. The right path depends on the distro. Assuming that the translations are installed within the normal KDE file tree, I would suggest to use "which konqueror" to find out, where the konqueror executable resides. That should also point to the right configure prefix. In my case I get > /opt/kde3.3-head/bin/konqueror and so I would have to use /opt/kde3.3-head as prefix. The translations can then be found in ls /opt/kde3.3-head/share/locale/nds/LC_MESSAGES/ where nds is one of the languages. You should have lt for Lithuanian. You should see a tree of installed translations in ls /opt/kde3.3-head/share/locale/ (please adapt to your path...) 2) if your path is right, but the files are missing, I could imagine that there are build errors. Have a closer look at the output of make and write again. Kind regards, Heiko Evermann KDE Low Saxon translation team